Re: [Chicken-users] Help using Chicken in Windows 7

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Help using Chicken in Windows 7
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 13:16:11 +0200 (CEST)

From: William Tarimo <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:32:15 -0400

> Hello All,
> Thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit machine. I reinstalled
> Mingw (mingw-get-inst-20110530.exe) from the new link, thanks. But I can't
> use the compiler or compile anything, I have attached a screenshot of the
> interpreter window, assuming I'm supposed to run the compiler from this
> window. I'm not sure I'm doing right with the syntax either, please help.
> Thanks,
> William

You compile code via a separate program (called "csc"). It should be
in "C:\chicken\bin". If you open a console window ("cmd.exe"), you should
be able to compile code like this:

  C:\> c:\chicken\bin\csc myprogram.scm

Assuming the mingw tools are in your PATH (check by entering "echo %PATH%"
at the command-prompt), this should work ok.