[Chicken-users] common lisp format - some changes

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] common lisp format - some changes
Date: 27 Aug 2011 20:23:34 +0200

Hi,

I recall a message "common list format is broken".
What's actually known to be broken?

The other day, that is, no, ages ago, I used the cl-format code.
Now I found/fixed a random bug in my app.

The current version is not exactly thread safe.

I moved all the internal state from global variables into a structure
and passed the reference where needed.  [[Special thanks due here to
the checking chicken does in the compile process: I would not had dared
to take on *that* task given I have no idea what the code does.  That
way however it was not much more than making the compiler shut up.]]

Find attached the modified format.scm.  It should work as a drop in
for the current version in the egg repository.  However I'm not familiar
enough with the egg system - in so far it's untested.

Best regards

/Jörg