Re: [Chicken-users] process-wait

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] process-wait
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 22:50:12 +0200 (CEST)

> Not exactly.  But at this time my bet is different issue.
> My hypothesis is that there's a garbage collection triggered
> within the signal handler and this interferes with stack layout
> or the other way around, the signal handler is run during gc.

I possibly misunderstood, but just in case I didn't:

The signal handlers that you set with "set-signal-handler!" are not
executed at interrupt time. They just save the signal number and
provoke a GC on the next heap-check that happens to execute. Then the
interrrupt-processing wraps up the execution state and invokes
"##sys#interrupt-hook".