[Chicken-users] New project

From: Steve Graham
Subject: [Chicken-users] New project
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 13:02:05 -0700 (PDT)

Although I have programmed for decades, I am new to Scheme.  I thought that I would use a project I've been contemplating as a help in learning the language.

There is a website of scriptures which I wish to download.  Some of the webpages, of course, are indices into books and then chapters.  So I would need to follow the links until I got to the actual text, which I would then file into a database by volume, book, chapter and verse.

I would appreciate any hints as to how to do this.  I'm thinking I would need some pointers with downloading web pages, stripping HTML and saving to a database.

TIA, Steve