Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken vs Perl

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken vs Perl
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:08:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, Sascha!

> So the questions are:
>
> - What is wrong with the Chicken code?

Nothing.

> - Why is there no difference between csi and csc?

Because most work is done in regex handling and library code. Your loop
doesn't take a significant part of the processing time.

Note that Perl has been tuned beyond comprehension for jobs like this,
tuned in dark and evil ways that we don't want to know about.
CHICKEN's regular expression library on the other hand is very
portable and highlevel code and we (and the original author in
particular) have not yet had the time to start seriously tuning it -
and there are many many opportunities for doing so.