Re: [Chicken-users] git rm write-line?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] git rm write-line?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:58:26 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:37:51AM +0200, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> Well, now the choice is manyfold. One can whine about the slowness
> or improve the current situation or something completely different
> like shopping...
>
> I prefer improvement.

Who doesn't?

> Either way thanks for the nice test case, let's see if we can speed
> up thing in a way that makes it nicer. I am not sure why we check
> the string here, or why we check the port for being a port, since
> display will do it all over again.
>
> Can someone enlighten me on this?

Probably for the (kind of lame) reason that the error location would
otherwise show "display", which the user never called.

This could be solved by using an internal ##sys#display or something
which gets called by both display and write-line, with the correct
location.

The scrutinizer could probably rewrite this not to use the check
at all and call the underlying unsafe displaying routine directly.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx