Re: [Chicken-users] remove enable/disable interrupt flag

From: alaric
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] remove enable/disable interrupt flag
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:01:24 +0000

>> AIUI mmap of /dev/zero (to allocate more
>> empty heap) can't block on very much...

>I don't think you can mmap a
> device, can you?

Sure you can! Mmapping /dev/zero gets you zeroed writable pages and, last I
looked, is how the heap is obtained. Devices representing frame buffers support
mapping, too, and map a memory-mapped I/O region into the userland address
space. Maybe /dev/kmem and friends work for mapping kernel memory, too... Not
so sure about that. Obviously the likes of ttys don't ;-)