Re: [Chicken-users] c-string return question

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] c-string return question
Date: 14 Oct 2011 11:52:31 +0200

Sorry John&Felix,

I must have been overworked.

Some sleep already made me aware that the memory in question is indeed
clobbered.  The c-pointer section in the FFI manual is just not clear
about that.  (And somehow I must have convinced myself that C_mpointer
would already copy out the memory, which is obviously not the case.)

Given the facts the c-pointer type is much less interesting now.
I'll avoid it from now.

/Jörg