Re: [Chicken-users] 500 eggs!

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 500 eggs!
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:49:01 +0200

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:49:06PM -0400, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah, yesterday we've reached 500 eggs!

Yeah!

Here are some additional figures for all you number freaks:

430 eggs are hosted at code.call-cc.org (svn)
 38 eggs are hosted at github.com (git)
 21 eggs are hosted at bitbucket.org (git: 5, hg: 15)
  5 eggs are hosted at gitorious.org (git)
  4 eggs are hosted at chust.org (fossil)
  2 eggs are hosted at kitten-technologies.co.uk (fossil)

The distributed egg repository system was taken live almost exactly a
year ago.  At that time we had 432 eggs in Subversion and 22 other eggs),
so it looks the distributed system has started to become quite popular!
The net negative amount of eggs in svn is due to the fact that some eggs
weren't really published so that initial count is overly optimistic.

Git is clearly the most popular of the distributed VCSes at 48 eggs,
with Mercurial following at 15 eggs and fossil at 6 eggs.

Come on, egg authors!  Where are your Bazaar, Darcs and Monotone repos? ;)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx