[Chicken-users] Question about embedding Chicken scheme

From: Day, Julian
Subject: [Chicken-users] Question about embedding Chicken scheme
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 01:50:57 +0000

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.  I am writing a roguelike
game, and would like to use an embedded language for doing quests and NPC
dialogue.  I've seen lots of information on using Lua for these sorts of
things, but I would like to use Scheme because, well, I like coding in Scheme.
Is it possible to, from the C++ code, call Scheme scripts, which would be able
to call C/C++ functions to modify some game state in singleton instances?  Is
this the way I should be thinking about the problem, or should I be thinking
about passing the state to/from the Scheme procedures?  Or is there a different
approach I should use?

Thanks,
Julian