[Chicken-users] I/O blocking?

From: Estevo
Subject: [Chicken-users] I/O blocking?
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 20:55:41 -0700 (PDT)

From the docs for the epoll egg:

"Something I've been considering working on is bindings for libevent. If someone else wants to work on a libevent egg I'm all for it. If no one else does it I will."

Does Chicken block, by default, on file and network I/O, or does it use something like select/epoll/libev(ent)?

If the behavior is to just block, do you foresee that using something like libev or libevent would have bad interactions with chicken internals (barring the normal caveats regarding Scheme->C->Scheme ffi callbacks)?

Thanks in advance and keep rocking!