Re: [Chicken-users] Emacs Geiser trouble

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Emacs Geiser trouble
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 09:11:40 -0800

It probably thinks it's a Guile file and not a Chicken file. When that
happens it is looking for a Guile REPL and ignoring your Chicken
REPL. To see if this is happening look for the word "Guile" or "Chicken"
in the modeline; if you see Guile and not Chicken then things are
misconfigured.

You can do one of two things to fix this:

1. Force Geiser to use only Chicken, as in my custom variables:

(custom-set-variables
 '(geiser-active-implementations (quote (chicken)))
 '(geiser-default-implementation (quote chicken))
 '(safe-local-variable-values (quote ((geiser-scheme-implementation quote
chicken)))))

2. Or, and this is a superior method if you intend to work with others, you
could declare to Emacs what Scheme the file is for by placing this
comment at the top of the file:

;; -*- geiser-scheme-implementation: 'chicken -*-

Happy Hacking!
-Dan