Re: [Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations

From: Rob Altenburg
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New egg for astronomical calculations
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 18:37:39 -0500

Thanks Mario,

Yep, there was a typo in my release-info that I fixed locally but hadn’t pushed
to GitHub.
It should work now.

I had a little trouble getting the test-new-egg working because it wanted the
openssl egg and
there is apparently an issue with a deprecated openssl library on macOS.  I
tried it
on my debian machine though and it worked fine.

The constellation function is from v0.16 of libnova, so apt-get doesn’t install
the current
version.  I was aware this was an issue and was debating if I should make ephem
backward
compatible or just document the issue.
(v0.16 is here:  git://git.code.sf.net/p/libnova/libnova libnova-libnova)

—
Rob