[Chicken-users] Extended deadline: IFL 2017 (29th Symposium on Implement

From: publicityifl
Subject: [Chicken-users] Extended deadline: IFL 2017 (29th Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages)
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 18:35:08 +0000

Hello,

Please, find below the third call for papers for IFL 2017. Note that some
of the deadlines have been extended. Details are given below.
Please forward these to anyone you think may be interested.
Apologies for any duplicates you may receive.

best regards,
Jurriaan Hage
Publicity Chair of IFL

---

IFL 2017 - CALL FOR PAPERS: DEADLINES EXTENDED

29th SYMPOSIUM ON IMPLEMENTATION AND APPLICATION OF FUNCTIONAL LANGUAGES

University of Bristol, UK

In cooperation with ACM SIGPLAN

Wednesday 30 August - Friday 1 September, 2017

http://iflconference.org/

Scope
-----

The goal of the IFL symposia is to bring together researchers actively engaged
in the implementation and application of functional and function-based
programming languages. IFL 2017 will be a venue for researchers to present and
discuss new ideas and concepts, work in progress, and publication-ripe results
related to the implementation and application of functional languages and
function-based programming.

Peer-review
-----------

Following the IFL tradition, IFL 2017 will use a post-symposium review process
to produce the formal proceedings. All participants of IFL 2017 are invited to
submit either a draft paper or an extended abstract describing work to be
presented at the symposium. At no time may work submitted to IFL be
simultaneously submitted to other venues; submissions must adhere to ACM

SIGPLAN's republication policy:

http://www.sigplan.org/Resources/Policies/Republication

The submissions will be screened by the program committee chair to make sure
they are within the scope of IFL, and will appear in the draft proceedings
distributed at the symposium. Submissions appearing in the draft proceedings
are not peer-reviewed publications. Hence, publications that appear only in the
draft proceedings are not subject to the ACM SIGPLAN republication policy.

After the symposium, authors will be given the opportunity to incorporate the
feedback from discussions at the symposium and will be invited to submit a
revised full article for the formal review process. From the revised
submissions, the program committee will select papers for the formal
proceedings considering their correctness, novelty, originality, relevance,
significance, and clarity. The formal proceedings will appear in the
International Conference Proceedings Series of the ACM Digital Library.

Important dates
---------------

Note that the original deadlines for submission and registration have
been extended.

|                      |                                                           |
|----------------------|-----------------------------------------------------------|
| Thu 17 August   2017 | Submission deadline draft papers                          |
| Fri 18 August   2017 | Notification of acceptance for presentation               |
| Mon 21 August   2017 | Early registration deadline                               |
| Mon 21 August   2017 | Submission deadline for pre-symposium proceedings         |
| Fri 25 August   2017 | Late registration deadline                                |
| Wed 30 August   2017 - Fri 1 September 2017 | IFL Symposium                      |
| Mon  4 December 2017 | Submission deadline for post-symposium proceedings        |
| Wed 31 January  2018 | Notification of acceptance for post-symposium proceedings |
| Mon 12 March    2018 | Camera-ready version for post-symposium proceedings       |

Submission details
------------------

Prospective authors are encouraged to submit papers or extended abstracts to be
published in the draft proceedings and to present them at the symposium. All
contributions must be written in English. Papers must use the new ACM two
columns conference format, which can be found at:

http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template

For the pre-symposium proceedings we adopt a 'weak' page limit of 12 pages. For
the post-symposium proceedings the page limit of 12 pages is firm.

Authors submit through EasyChair:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ifl2017

Topics
------

IFL welcomes submissions describing practical and theoretical work as well as
submissions describing applications and tools in the context of functional
programming. If you are not sure whether your work is appropriate for IFL 2017,
please contact the PC chair at address@hidden. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- language concepts
- type systems, type checking, type inferencing
- compilation techniques
- staged compilation
- run-time function specialization
- run-time code generation
- partial evaluation
- (abstract) interpretation
- metaprogramming
- generic programming
- automatic program generation
- array processing
- concurrent/parallel programming
- concurrent/parallel program execution
- embedded systems
- web applications
- (embedded) domain specific languages
- security
- novel memory management techniques
- run-time profiling performance measurements
- debugging and tracing
- virtual/abstract machine architectures
- validation, verification of functional programs
- tools and programming techniques
- (industrial) applications

Peter Landin Prize
------------------

The Peter Landin Prize is awarded to the best paper presented at the symposium
every year. The honored article is selected by the program committee based on
the submissions received for the formal review process. The prize carries a
cash award equivalent to 150 Euros.

Programme committee
-------------------

Chair: Nicolas Wu, University of Bristol, UK

- Kenichi Asai, Ochanomizu University, Japan
- Sandrine Blazy, University of Rennes 1, France
- Carlos Camarao, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Stephen Dolan, University of Cambridge, UK
- Jurriaan Hage, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Yukiyoshi Kameyama, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Benjamin Lerner, Brown University, USA
- Bas Lijnse, Radboud University, Netherlands
- Garrett Morris, University of Kansas, USA
- Miguel Pagano, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina
- Tomas Petricek, Alan Turing Institute, UK
- Maciej Piróg, University of Wroclaw, Poland
- Exequiel Rivas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Neil Sculthorpe, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Melinda Toth, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary
- Phil Trinder, Glasgow University, UK
- Kanae Tsushima, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Marcos Viera, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay
- Meng Wang, University of Kent, UK

Venue
-----

The IFL 2017 will be held in association with the Department of
Computer Science, University of Bristol, UK. Bristol is located in
South West England, and can be easily reached from Bristol Airport.

See the website for more information on the venue.