Re: [Chicken-users] reexport - not working as expected (or I have wrong

From: Martin Schneeweis
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] reexport - not working as expected (or I have wrong expectations)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 19:15:09 +0200

Hi Evan,

Evan Hanson <address@hidden> wrote:
> That's right, in C5 there is `import' (which corresponds to C4's
> `use') and `import-syntax' (which is C4's `import').

thank you for the clarification - and thanks to kooda - if my
understanding of the differences between "import" in chicken-4 and
chicken-5 had been better your answer had helped as well.

> Martin Schneeweis <address@hidden> wrote:
> > chicken-4: Yes, when I add "(use mod-a)" in mod-b then I can call
> > "test-a" in mod-b - but calling "test-a" in mod-c still leads to the
> > same runtime error
>
> I believe that this will work as expected in C5.

Indeed - if I change the code of mod-b (chicken-5) to

  (module mod-b ()
    (import scheme chicken.base chicken.module mod-a)
    (reexport (only mod-a test-a)))

(mod-a is now in the import- and the reexport-form) - then "test-a" is
callable in mod-c (mod-c only imports mod-b).

> [...] I may open a feature ticket for this (or you can if you have
> an account on bugs.call-cc.org), but this won't be changed in C4.

I don't think that's neccessary (I have an account) - import + reexport
works in chicken-5 - furthermore I am just working on a pet project
while learning (chicken) scheme (although the pet has grown quite a
bit). I am using chicken-4 (for the pet) and test with chicken-5 before
posting to avoid unnecessary noise (sorry for the fail this time
around).

Thanks again,
Martin