Re: [Chicken-users] Crash in SRFI-69 eq?-hash

From: kooda
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Crash in SRFI-69 eq?-hash
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 14:08:38 +0200

Thomas Chust <address@hidden> wrote:
> this matters a lot: For one I have an application where it is crucial
> to be able to identify if the exact same object is passed more than
> once into certain functions and to be able to detect cyclic data
> structures – eq? and eq?-hash are supposed to be applicable to
> precisely that situation.

Please calm down, it is indeed a bug and it will be fixed. :)

I checked the code and, for number types, only fixnums and flonums are
explicitely handled, other numeric types trigger an incorrect recursion.

It seems we forgot to add support for the new numeric types to srfi-69
when we introduced them.