Re: [Chicken-users] porting eggs experiences and questions

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] porting eggs experiences and questions
Date: 25 Aug 2018 14:01:18 +0200

Hi all,

in the meantime I understood why chicken-install would not install dependencies:

 chicken-install -n

While messing around I did not want the egg in the current directory to be installed. Just the dependencies.

Apparently chicken-install passes the -n switch down to the dependencies it need to install.

Those are then not installed, which makes chicken-install barf at the depending eggs.

Maybe it makes more sense to have the -n switch only in effect for the egg in the current directory while still installing dependencies.

Best

/Jörg