[Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 5.0.0 release candidate 2 available

From: querent
Subject: [Chicken-users] [ANN] CHICKEN 5.0.0 release candidate 2 available
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 23:42:35 +1200

Well, this is weird.  I tried several different things, nothing worked, then suddenly it compiled fine!
I have also managed to chicken-install r7rs, apparently successfully, although I haven't tried to use it yet.  make check hasn't worked, though, see below.

The last thing I did was re-download the tarball, because I deleted it accidentally.  The only thing I can think of is that I've been using an incomplete download 'till now, but I'm not sure how convincing that is.  The files you mentioned existed, and I didn't get any other errors.

I have been using Kristian's invocation.

I don't get very far with a make check:

$ make PLATFORM=android PREFIX=$HOME/c5/ check
cd tests; sh runtests.sh
======================================== repository search path ...
runtests.sh: 69: runtests.sh: ../csi: Permission denied
make: *** [rules.make:972: check] Error 126
$

I can execute $HOME/c5/bin/csi fine.

A few things to note about how I got here:

*) I was always extracting the tarball on my device.
*) the timestamp for the files you suggested I look at were always within a second of one another
*) ls --full-time only seems to give times to one second precision
*) 'touch'ing eval.c didn't help
*) termux uses busybox's tar.  I installed the tar package.  This didn't seem to help either.

I might wind everything back and start again from download onwards just to check.

I might try on an old PowerMac in the weekend, too.

regards,
--querent.