Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing egg, but only on Raspbian

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error installing egg, but only on Raspbian
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 11:13:36 +0100

Hi Christoph,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 09:20:59 +0100 Christoph Lange <address@hidden> wrote:

> I adapted the Telebot (Telegram client) egg to be installable as Chicken 5
> egg:
>
> https://github.com/recumbentbirder/Telebot/tree/make-chicken-5-egg
>
> This works fine to install on my Arch Linux (Chicken installed via packet
> manager) to install via chicken-install -s.
>
> On my Raspberry Pi 3+ I installed Chicken 5.0 from the installation archive
> of the Chicken home page. When I try to install Telebot via chicken-install
> -s, I get
> the very short (concise?! ;-) error message:
>
> Error: (assq) bad argument type: #!eof
>
> ... with no information whatsoever, where something goes wrong. I read, that
> the exhausted file pointer will show #!eof instead of () now in Chicken 5.
>
> I'm a bit lost here as to where to start looking to solve this. Any
> suggestions / comments?

You can try the `-verbose' option for chicken-install.

Does chicken-install fail on Telebot itself or while installing some of
its dependencies?

For what is worth, I could successfully install Telebot on my system
(Debian 9, x86-64).  I used CHICKEN 5.0.0 and the code from the
make-chicken-5-egg branch of Telebot.

Would you be interested in adding Telebot to the official egg
repository?

All the best.
Mario
--