cjk-list

Re: [cjk] I think I got the full fix

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [cjk] I think I got the full fix
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 17:42:51 +0000 (UTC)

> I think Emacs can't do better.  However,
 if you have other ideas how
 to improve the
 heuristics, please write to the emacs-devel list!

It is just a bit frustrating to see things break, when they don't even
mention or hinted at that in the NEWS . The message() change is
actually explicitly mentioned in the emacs 25 NEWS,
but nothing about charset etc.

I still don't know what exact change in emacs 25 breaks big5. All I can
identify is that (1) emacs 25 tends to identify a piece of text as "big5"
vs chinese-big5-1/-2, and even swallowing up LaTeX ascii's afterwards.
The meaning of "big5" changed - now it is inclusive of neighbouring ascii runs.
(2) correction: chinese-big5-1/-2 haven't changed, but big5 itself is larger
because big5-hkscs is larger. This is what the glibc change does.

(1) and (2) are somewhat related, but I'd like something identifiable and
definitive.
would have liked that it is hinted/mentioned in the NEWS.

Anyway, time to do some Christmas'y thing...

Hin-Tak