classpath-inetlib

Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTP greeting & continuation?

From: petite_abeille
Subject: Re: [Classpath-inetlib] SMTP greeting & continuation?
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:17:05 +0200

Hello,

On Jul 06, 2004, at 11:44, Chris Burdess wrote:

No, that's the one. I'll get an "inetlib" feature added, until then please put the word inetlib somewhere in the bug title.

Ok, I added a bug entry to keep track of this:

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=9563

Perhaps it would be beneficial to enhance getResponse() itself to systematically handle multiline replies?

Agreed, I'll look into this.

Good. Perhaps one way to go would be to enhance getResponse() to use a List to store all the responses instead of a String:

protected final List responses = new ArrayList();

getResponse() could then first clear the list when invoked and always rebuild the response array.

EHLO, EXPN, and HELP could then access that information when needed.

It would be also handy to keep track of the last response code in the same fashion as getLastResponse() returns it's textual part.

Cheers,

PA.