ICVM better that the JavaVM ?

From: Patrick Spingys
Subject: ICVM better that the JavaVM ?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:22:34 +0200

Hi all!

Now I have heard about the "Internet C++"-project
( http://www.xmission.com/~icvm/ )
On theire side stand, that this platformindependent code
runs a lot of faster than the Java-code on the JVM.

And there are running a lot of programs on this VM:
The programs, what you cn download (as source or binary)
are
IDoom, XGalaga, XFreeCell, XBoing, Xpaint, XPacMan,
GemDropX, XFlame and MoonClock.

The Compiler for this VM is the igcc a port of the gcc.

On the main page stand, that ICVM is open, but I don't find
an license there. :-(
So I dont know if its compatible to the GPL/LGPL. :-(
But I have written them a email. I hope that its
GPL- and/or LGPL-compatible.

Patrick