Re: Building classpath

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Building classpath
Date: 04 Dec 2000 23:04:20 -0500

Bryce McKinlay <address@hidden> writes:

> Brian Jones wrote:

ni> > Are you doing aclocal;autoheader;automake;autoconf before trying
> > configure?
>
> Thanks - that was the problem, I was forgetting to run aclocal.
>
> Another question: Is japhar required to build classpath?
>
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> ../configure: ]: command not found
> checking for japhar-config... no
> configure: cannot find japhar-config: is Japhar installed?
>
> even when I specify "--without-japhar" or "--with-japhar=no".

You need a j.h.  It would probably be enough to specify
--with-japhar=/usr if gcj was installed and jni.h in /usr/include.
Just guessing though.  Regardless I have recently installed libgcj and
the gcc-java stuff in order to try gcj out and see if I can get
classpath to at least configure enough for it to build though it won't
work of course.  If you would like to add a gcj target that would be
great and save me some time as well!

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>