Re: JavaMail

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: JavaMail
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:57:13 +0000

>>> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> 06-Dec-00 11:39:05 PM >>>

>Great! I will check out the source and see what
>has to be done. We should probably coordinate who
>does what so we don't duplicate efforts.

Yes. Andrew is doing a good job co-ordinating efforts.

>I will subscribe to that list.

Go through the archive. I post irregularly to explain what I'm doing
and where I'm trying to get to.

Breifly here is the status:
- basic arhcitecture done
- low level connection encapsultation is more or less done
- IMAPMessage implementation started
- skeleton IMAPFolder, IMAPStore started

What I need to work on is a data-handler that fits in with the way
I'm doing things.

>Where does the source of the IMAP provider
>live?

It will go into the oje/sourceforge CVS. It isn't there yet because
Andrew and I had a misunderstanding about package names.

I'll commit it to the oje.mail.imap namespace by the end of the
week.

>It would be nice if we could add it to GNU Classpath.
>But we can work on SourceForge for now. If we just
>make sure that we keep track of all the authors we can
>always donate it later to the FSF if that is what all the
>authors want.

Absolutely. It's Andrew's project though so he gets to call.

Also, unlike many in the Classpath project I don't feel that we have
to put it in the Classpath project. I would feel more comfortable with
code like this outside of Classpath. I just want to persuade Andrew to
move the project to GNU (and obviously persuade the FSF that they want
OJE).

Nic