Re: JAVAX extensions

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: JAVAX extensions
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:44:28 +0000

>>> Paul Russell <address@hidden> 13-Dec-00 3:44:22 PM >>>

>Are there any plans afoot to include JAVAX jars
>into CLASSPATH?  JAXP and XML.jar would
>seem likely contenders?

There are other GPL projects implementing many Javax libraries.

OJE is one: http://oje.sourceforge.net.

At some point people here and in other places hope to convince some
of these people to come together into a wider GNU-Java effort (I
wouldn't say it necessarily has to be under the Classpath banner).

No one (to my knowledge) has done any of the XML stuff yet but I am
working on a Java/Scheme based XML parser that could do both DOM and
SAX and therefore JAXP.

When I've done what I want with it I might move it on to that stage
or seek other people to take it to that level. Interested?

Nic