Re: Japize

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Japize
Date: 15 Dec 2000 17:53:38 -0500

Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

> You're referring to Japize as in http://stuart.wuffies.net/japi/ right?

Yes

> Are you using the latest version that is currently on the website (I
> pretentiously named it 0.8...)? Are you using the JODE version (IIRC,
> replace the word "packages" with "jode" - I need to update the docs at
> some point)? (the reflection version gives incorrect information
> regarding compile-time constants and is subject to implementation bugs
> in things like SVUID

I was not using the jode, just packages.

> Also, note that japi files are not order-sensitive: the content will
> just be pulled in in the order it finds the files in the
> (filesystem/zipfile). When you say there are big differences, do you
> just mean that the result of diff is large? Try piping through sort
> first and see whether they are still different.

Okay, after sorting the data the two are indeed the same (oops on my
part!).

> Thanks for using Japize :)

No problem, now I've got to find out why Japize just stops after the
"...Processing java" remark and I get none of the funky progress
characters when using Classpath.

But that requires renaming the collections classes, and getting jode.

Hmm, fun!
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>