Re: Classpath future?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath future?
Date: 12 Jul 2001 22:23:25 -0600

>>>>> "Etienne" == Etienne M Gagnon <address@hidden> writes:

Etienne> (some people legitimately don't want to assign Copyright

My understanding has been that this is simply an FSF requirement.  So,
while I don't like it, I've always just gone along with it.

I tend to view copyright assignment as simply a prerequisite for
working in the project, much like correctly formatting code.  You
don't always like the project coding style, but you're stuck with it.

Etienne> others are caught up in a slow process).

Yes, the process is slow.  This is one of its chief problems.  It
might be faster these days, but it is still slow.

Tom