Re: abstract interfaces in Classpath source

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: abstract interfaces in Classpath source
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:08:06 +0000

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 11:02:15PM -0400, Brian Jones wrote:
> John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > When I compile the classpath java files with jikes, there are many warnings
> > like the following:
> >
> > Issued 1 semantic warning compiling
> > "java/security/spec/AlgorithmParameterSpec.java":
> >
> >     39. public abstract interface AlgorithmParameterSpec
> >                <------>
>
> You can probably remove the abstract keyword for interfaces.  It is
> redundant but actually made a difference under some 1.1 compilers when
> inspecting the produced classes with javap although perhaps that was
> just a javap issue rather than a compiler issue.

I have changed the java/lang, java/io and java/net interfaces. Will anyone
object if I change the rest? (In java.security, javax.accessibility,
com.sun.javadoc and javax.swing.plaf).

2001-07-13  John Leuner <address@hidden>

        * java/net/SocketOptions.java: changed 'abstract interface' to
'interface'
        * java/net/URLStreamHandlerFactory.java: idem
        * java/net/SocketImplFactory.java: idem
        * java/net/ContentHandlerFactory.java: idem
        * java/net/FileNameMap.java: idem
        * java/lang/Runnable.java: idem
        * java/lang/Cloneable.java: idem
        * java/lang/Comparable.java: idem
        * java/io/DataOutput.java: idem
        * java/io/ObjectInput.java: idem
        * java/io/ObjectInputValidation.java: idem
        * java/io/ObjectOutput.java: idem
        * java/io/DataInput.java: idem
        * java/io/Externalizable.java: idem
        * java/io/Serializable.java: idem