Re: Browseable CVS

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Browseable CVS
Date: 15 Jul 2001 22:15:05 -0400

"Eric Blake" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the offer, but I finally managed to get a tarball of a CVS
> checkout through a remote account I have back at my university.  Now I'm
> running into problems configuring:
>
> Platform: Win2000, i686-pc-cygwin, autoconf 1.13, m4 1.4, automake 1.4, perl
> 5.6.1, libtool 1.4 (all stable releases, nothing extra from CVS)
>
> $ aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 20: macro `AM_DISABLE_STATIC' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 21: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 66: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 67: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.in: 70: macro `AM_PATH_LIBART' not found in library
>
> Is this a problem with Classpath's CVS tree, or do I need to update to the
> CVS version of automake?  Or is building on cygwin unsupported at the
> moment?

Sorry Eric,

I've been busy this weekend planning and hosting my girlfriend's
surprise birthday party.  Classpath has not been setup to build with
cygwin yet.  It's certainly on my list until a volunteer beats me to
it!

A) We need to make the checks for and build of the AWT crap optional

B) I'd like to get it building with mingw to produce native windows
libraries if possible

--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>