Re: Bug in Double.java

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: Bug in Double.java
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:55:32 +0000

> > Below is a class I used to verify correct operation.
> Thanks for including this.
> You might also want to look at the Mauve testing framework for the
> Java class libraries <http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/>.

In my experience with Mauve and Classpath, most errors are due to the
Double/Float.toString() implementation.

Mauve will turn doubles/floats to strings before comparing them, and then
compare them to the string that is produced by compliant JVMs/class libraries.

(there is a previous thread about this)

John Leuner