Re: partial 1.4 Throwable compatiblity

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: partial 1.4 Throwable compatiblity
Date: 02 Aug 2001 18:11:28 -0600

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

Colin> What's the word with respect to JDK 1.4 compatibility and
Colin> Classpath?  Are patches accepted for this yet?

I don't think there is a policy.

For libgcj, Per suggested we hold off on 1.4 until it was actually
released.  This seems reasonable.

On the other hand, I needed IdentityHashMap for the libgcj JNI
implementation, so I wrote it (when I check it in I will add it to
Classpath at the same time).

Any suggestions?

Colin> Here's a small patch which implements part of the new 1.4
Colin> "chained exception" facility in the example native code:

I thought someone was already working on this.  Perhaps I was
mistaken.  I didn't follow that discussion closely.

Tom