RE: Some object serialization problems for discussion(3)-ObjectI nputSt

From: Wu, Gansha
Subject: RE: Some object serialization problems for discussion(3)-ObjectI nputStream
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:59:42 +0800

Thanks, Bryce,
      I've read the diff file you send me, it really mentioned the bugs I
listed in one of my previous
posts, and as you've said, it contains very much information about the
difference of implementation
of some functionalities between classpath and libgcj, such as:
      libgcj implements callReadObject, callWriteObject in java, but classpath
demands native to
do them;
      libgcj implements getXXXField in java which in turn calls native
getField, but classpath demands
 native to do them;
      ... ...
      But I believe there're some other patches I posted or will post that
aren't included in the diff. Of
course maybe my patches are wrong, but a discussion about them will lead to a
clearer view of them.
      BTW, because of legacy problems, we couldn't port to libgcj's
implementation so easily.
      We really like those changes like BigInteger, libgcj removed native
dependency in BigInteger, and
 we hope BigInteger (and the like) in classpath will be merged back into
classpath ASAP;
     We also like libgcj will add those parts classpath haven't implemented
into classpath, e.g,
 java.util.zip.*, it's very important to run some biz apps;
     But to those which involved changes of native interfaces, it's a burden
for us to change VM part.
     So could you, or other guys, give me a message how would the merge of
libgcj and classpath progress?

Thanks again,
Best regards...
Gansha