Re: GTK peers (-Dsomething.for.toolkit ?) (dynamic linking)

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: GTK peers (-Dsomething.for.toolkit ?) (dynamic linking)
Date: 14 Aug 2001 00:00:16 -0400

John Leuner <address@hidden> writes:

> It's a pity you don't know what it is. I looked through the old
> classpath mailing list archive but didn't find anything.

Wow, on a search through my sent email (since my inbox doesn't keep
things as long...) I found this in a previous response to you some
time back.

You can try them yourself if you want.  Compile them (they are in the
usual build these days) then do a little trick Jim Blair recommends
which is to create a directory outside of classpath and symbolically
link to classpath/lib/gnu/java/awt/peer/gtk from
<outsidedir>/gnu/java/awt/peer.  Place <outsidedir> in your
classpath.  Place the native/gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk/.libs in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Using the JDK from Blackdown 1.1.x with native
threads configured, launch some graphical program with the
-Dawt.toolkit=gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit flag for the 'java' VM.

Have fun!
Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>