Re: Weird characters in java/lang/Character.java

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Weird characters in java/lang/Character.java
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 14:43:38 -0400

"Etienne M. Gagnon" wrote:

>  As I am on Debian "sid",
> I checked the Debian bugtracking system, and effectively there is a bug report
> related to unexpected segfaults.  So, I went to the official Jikes web site
> and recompiled a fresh 1.14 copy.  This didn't work either.  Then, I
> downloaded
> and recompiled a fresh 1.13 copy, now everything worked well.

>From the jikes debian changelog (I just got this in today's dist-upgrade
after being at home for the long weekend -- apt-listchanges rocks):

jikes (1.14-0.3) unstable; urgency=low

  * apply Michael Vrable's patch and fixed segfaults with a lot of input
    files reported by #110149.
  * replace new configure file from jikes CVS (closes: #103057)
  * replace expr.c to cvs's. upstream changelog said;

        Add a missing return that caused a regression in
        Jikes 1.14. An assertion was being raised when a ?:
        expression mixed a primitive and reference type
        in the second and third operands.

 -- Takashi Okamoto <address@hidden>  Sat,  1 Sep 2001 20:02:52 +0900

Have you tried this version?

Stuart.