Re: Sablepath packages available to download

From: Takashi Okamoto
Subject: Re: Sablepath packages available to download
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:50:25 +0900

At Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:19:24 -0400,
Etienne M. Gagnon <address@hidden> wrote:
> After fighting with some broken auto* packages on Debian "unstable",
> I've managed to package a "virtual machine independent" version of the
> sablepath-classes and sablepath-libs.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5523&release_id=52287

-- snip --

> The advantage of sablepath-libs is that it contains "platform dependent, yet
> VM independent" source code.  This one generates usual native libs using
> the GNU auto* tools.

It's too easy to compile!
Great!!

However, one is disappointed. Sablepath isn't compatible with
classpath. For examples, you modified following:

  System.loadLibrary("java-io");

ORP 1.0.6 works with sableepath but it shows warning message because
JNI library name is different.

If you chage JNI library name to classpath style like "javaio", orp
may work fine with Salbepath though sablepath is for Sable VM...
----
Takashi Okamoto