Partial Double/Float merge with libgcj

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Partial Double/Float merge with libgcj
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:59:31 +0200

Hi,

Brian Jones had merged java.lang.Double/Float a couple of months ago.
But there were still a couple of comment/indentation differences.
I reindented/reformatted and renamed a method variable here and there.
The actual code changes are minimal:

        * java/lang/Double.java: Partial merge with libgcj
        (serialVersionUID): new private field
        (byteValue): removed, already defined in superclass Number
        (shortValue): likewise
        * java/lang/Float.java: Partial merge with libgcj
        (serialVersionUID): new private field

There are still a few differences between the code and I did not look
at the native code at all. If my patch is accepted by the libgcj people
then the actual diff between the Classpath and libgcj version looks like
the attached diff. Maybe someone who knows a bit about float/doubles in
java can comment on these differences.

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore