Re: java.security.Security proposal

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: java.security.Security proposal
Date: 17 Oct 2001 14:17:17 -0600

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

Brian> I apologize for not having read that link yet, but how does
Brian> changing the name to gcj.security have to do with fixing a bug?
Brian> Is this really gcj specific?

Sorry -- the patch had two parts.  One part was a bug fix; I checked
it in.

The other part changed the name of classpath.security.  I'd prefer to
have it search both <current-vm>.security and classpath.security.
That allows for VM-specific security providers.  As AG points out,
there might be a CNI-based shared library provider.  Putting that in
classpath.security might confuse other VMs using Classpath.

Tom