Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: java.lang.reflect.Proxy
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 23:05:48 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 07:05:47PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> I finally got all the bugs worked out enough to check in my first
> version of java.lang.reflect.Proxy (I started this project several
> months ago).  Feel free to provide suggestions on ways to improve it.
Impressive. I will print out the source code and see if I understand it
and give some comments on it.

> In the process, I also did some cleanup in the java.lang.reflect
> package.
I saw that you also changed some exception things "in anticipation of 1.4
compatibility". I have been working on that, but it has been a while ago.
An old version can be found in the Classpath mail archives. I also have
some local libgcj hacks that almost work. But the Classpath/libgcj merge
work is currently eating up all my Classpath time so it might take a while
for that code to appear in Classpath in full working order. I will see if
I can make some more time to really finish it.

Stuff to read:
    <http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html>
  What's Wrong with Copy Protection, by John Gilmore