Re: java.util.ResourceBundle bug?

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: java.util.ResourceBundle bug?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 14:30:50 +1300

Mark Wielaard wrote:

Yes you can, IF you have permission to actually create a SecurityManager.
(Note that our current implementation of the SecurityManger constructor
follows the old 1.1 semantics.) But this also seems to solve your problem.
Just create a package local subclass of SecurityManager in java.util
that can (only) be used by classes in java.util.

OK, I guess we'll go with this approach then. Is the AccessController.doPrivileged() actually required, given that ResourceBundle (and its "private" security manager) will always be loaded by the bootstrap classloader?

regards

Bryce.