Re: testing before a release

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: testing before a release
Date: 05 Nov 2001 21:10:46 -0500

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 10:35:27PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> >
> > I wasn't so lucky on Debian GNU/Linux powerpc. There I get errors like:
> >
> > aclocal: configure.in: 109: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
> > aclocal: configure.in: 110: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
> > aclocal: configure.in: 114: macro `AM_PATH_LIBART' not found in library
>
> Silly me forgot to install de gtk, glib and libart development packages.
>     apt-get install libgtk1.2-dev libglib1.2-dev libart-dev
> And it works!
>
> Well almost. Running configure --enable-jni gives:
> config.status: linking ./include/jni_md-unknown-linux-gnu.h to
> include/jni_md.h
> config.status: error: ./include/jni_md-unknown-linux-gnu.h: File not found
>
> But a cp include/jni_md-pc-linux-gnu.h include/jni_md-unknown-linux-gnu.h
> fixed that. And make creates all the libraries.

Thanks for checking this out.  AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM is apparently
indicating that your target_vendor is "unknown".  I've modified
configure to use target_cpu.  If the values in jni_md-x86-linux-gnu.h
are not appropriate for PPC then we need to make a new file of the
appropriate name and check that in to the include/ directory.

I can modify configure so that by default with --enable-jni we do not
try to build the gtk peers or anything requiring those GTK, GLIB, and
LIBART checks.  Do you feel that would be helpful?

There are not any specific PREREQ macros for automake or libtool that
I know of, but I do not think this will matter for a released version
since all that will be executed by me.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>