Re: Simple Proposal

From: Etienne M. Gagnon
Subject: Re: Simple Proposal
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 11:42:29 -0500

Chris Gray wrote:

Does "everybody" have to include RMS, and does
  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html
represent his current position?

I can't speak for RMS, but he already agree to the CURRENT Classpath GNU+exc license, which is much weaker than the LGPL. So, apparently, he agrees that the non-AWT code falls into the category that does not require full "pure GPL" protection.

Of course, my proposal is for the non-AWT code. I do not want to do the battle for the AWT license (others can do it;-).

Etienne
--
Etienne M. Gagnon                    http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/