Re: nio package and asynchronous io

From: R.S. Veldema
Subject: Re: nio package and asynchronous io
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:53:22 +0100

Nic Ferrier wrote:

here it is:

   http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rveldema/parcc1.tgz

unpack and see javalibs/java/nio, javalibs/manta/runtime/
the native side is in runtime/shared/io.c

If you actually want to try it out,
download the release from
   http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rveldema/
and unpack the file from above in Manta/manta
and it should all build, mail me if it does not.

There is no trickery yet in my nio implementation (virtual method inlining,
semantic expansion etc)
The way I thought is the way to go was first to test if the vtable pointer is
that  from manta.runtime.MyBufferImpl and then inline that code, otherwise
do the vtable call.
R.

Golly. That's further than I got.

I'd be very interested in seeing it even if no one else is.

Nic