Re: bedtime report (it's not what it sounds like)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: bedtime report (it's not what it sounds like)
Date: 12 Feb 2002 21:08:53 +0100

Hi Nic,

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 04:07, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> No, this isn't spam porn.
Be carefull, you might trigger someones spam filter :)

> It's me, frustrated with Classpath and going to bed.
> Before I do, I thought I'd raise some issues here (as much for me as
> for anyone else).
Thanks for letting us know. Not only to take your pain away, but also to
prevent others from getting pain in the first place.

> - build doesn't seem to work with the --prefix switch
Are you using the classpath-0.03 tarbal? Any other configure flags
given? It works for me:
$ wget
$ tar zxf classpath-0.03.tar.gz
$ cd classpath-0.03
$ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/cinstall --enable-jni
$ make
$ make install

Now the files that are normally put into /usr/local/classpath are in
/tmp/cinstall. Could you send a log of your configure, make and make
install output?

> - make install doesn't seem to install the classes!?
With or without the --prefix?
It seems to work with and without for me. The classes are put in
directories under <prefix>/share/classpath/.

> - GCC 2.95 can be used to compile ORP
What error messages do you get? I have successfully compiled orp 1.0.9
with gcc 3.0.x and orp 1.0.8 with gcc 3.1. The needed patches should be
in the resources directory in classpath.