Re: Method.equals()

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: Method.equals()
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:19:22 +1300

Cierniak, Michal wrote:

Brian Jones writes:

Bryce McKinlay <address@hidden> writes:

I don't think it is neccessary to make it native. Method is already
part of the VM interface, so VMs can modify it or make it native as
they wish. I think the more conservative approach should be taken by
the default implementation.

It may be necessary to consider including an ORP vm directory
or ask that the ORP team distribute these particular classes
specific to ORP with ORP.

But I thought that Bryce indicated in his message that he also liked the
patch submitted by Gansha.  It sounds like this modification is useful for
both ORP and GCJ since they both have their own internal data structures to
represent a method.

Right. Gansha's implementation should be the one that goes in vm/reference. It may not be optimal for all VMs, but it is always correct and most accurately matches the JDK spec, and it is the implementation required for both ORP and GCJ.

regards

Bryce.