Re: classpath ./ChangeLog ./THANKYOU java/lang/Syst...

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: classpath ./ChangeLog ./THANKYOU java/lang/Syst...
Date: 06 Mar 2002 08:46:54 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 01:07, Brian Jones wrote:

> I think this change in System.java was a temporary fix for ORP, right?
Yes, but also for every other VM out there since they probably did set
java.tmpdir and not java.io.tmpdir (otherwise java.io.File would not
work for them).

> If it is temporary we should write it down somewhere obvious so we can
> change it back at some point.
Yes, my TODO list is probably not very obvious :)
We should add this (and the temp workaround from last time in
VMClassLoader.getPrimitiveClass()) should be added to the vmintegration
guide.

> Is java.io.tmpdir supposed to be coming
> from the VM?
Yes, it is even documented in the JavaDoc of that method, but for some
reason VM writers seemed to use java.tmpdir instead (probably because
they noticed the bug in java.io.File).