Re: environment and compiling with jikes

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: environment and compiling with jikes
Date: 10 Mar 2002 14:45:16 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 16:36, Sascha Brawer wrote:
> Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote on Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:01:29 +0100:
>
> >I also added the following stub to Socket.java so java.util.logging can
> >actually compile:
>
> Thanks for this.  However, please do not make java.util.logging part of
> the standard build.  The code is not ready yet "for production" (but I'm
> working on this).

What we could do is what I did for the java.util.prefs code (which I
still have to finish...), add it to the lib/standard.omit file. The
downside of doing this is that the classes are not even compiled when
doing a standard make, so if you accidentially introduce errors others
won't spot them.

On the other hand Classpath as a whole is still alpha software, so if
java.util.logging is basically correct then I would like to include it
with the rest (release early, release often, etc.). Do you have a
KNOWN_BUGS/TODO list for java.util.logging?