classpath CVS with ORP not working?

From: Fred Gray
Subject: classpath CVS with ORP not working?
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:56:28 -0600

Hi,

It seems that the current classpath CVS is not working with ORP 1.0.9.  I run
ORP with this script:

-----
#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/fegray/projects/classpath/lib/classpath

# Uncomment for 0.0.3 release
#export CLASSPATH=/home/fegray/projects/classpath/share/classpath:.
# Uncomment for CVS
export CLASSPATH=/home/fegray/projects/classpath/share/classpath/glibj.zip:.

/home/fegray/projects/orp-1.0.9/mains/orp/Linux/dbg/orp -swapjit 0 1 -classpath
$CLASSPATH $*
-----

Running any program (even a null program containing an empty main, and even
a class that doesn't exist), fails with the following messages:

address@hidden:~$ wraporp Null
No Java handlers found
No Java handlers found
No Java handlers found
Uncaught exception:
No Java handlers found
No Java handlers found

I'm using the versions of all of the dependences from yesterday's Debian
unstable.  This notably includes jikes 1.15b.

With classpath release 0.0.3 built in the same environment (including exactly
the same ORP binary), simple programs seem to work fine.

I'm trying to get the CVS version up and running to experiment with the new
Swing classes.  Hopefully I can contribute at least some QA work there.

Thanks for your help,

-- Fred Gray