Re: Swing implementation

From: R.S. Veldema
Subject: Re: Swing implementation
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:26:05 +0100

Hi,
    My thought was to work on anything swingish that stops it working.
Sure, I'd like a merge but as it stands I don't know about the copyrights ..
You may need to sign those over to FSF (I had to..)
Someone on this list (address@hidden) should know what to do.
R.

Andrew Selkirk wrote:

Hi Ronald,

Great work so far on your swing implementation. I'm in the process of becoming a classpath member and I also have a partial implementation that I'm looking forward to merging into what you have so far. I've been working on it over the last 6 months in my spare time. Although there is some overlap, it appears that we've worked mainly on separate areas. Here are the areas that I have to contribute: javax.swing.event (mostly done: about 4-5 classes with TODO's left)
javax.swing.tree (good chunk)
javax.swing.table (started)
javax.swing.undo (mostly done)
javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicLookAndFeel (mostly done)
javax.swing (chunks. many data models, UIDefaults, Accessibility bits, etc)

On top of that, I have many of the interfaces, exceptions, and various stubbed classes done across the board.

My work mainly focused around the backend data models and structures as well as researching the plaf framework. My current focus is to finish off tree and get more into table. How about yourself? What areas are you actively working at?

Andrew...