Re: classpath CVS with ORP not working?

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: classpath CVS with ORP not working?
Date: 12 Mar 2002 13:03:17 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 12:45, R.S. Veldema wrote:

> Ps, can someone tell me if swing and nio now compile with their setup ?
> Nio at least shouldn't run since adding the native side was my target
> for the day
> and that isn't over yet.

Just did a very quick test without looking at any code or really knowing
what is going on.

The standard setup compiles out of the box (because it ignores nio and
swing).

Removing java/nio and gnu/java/nio from the lib/standard.omit file gives
lots and lots of errors.

Running the gen_nio.sh script in the lib directory seems to fix some
files and then running make gives the following errors:

Found 1 semantic error compiling
"../java/nio/channels/SocketChannel.java":

    21.     static SocketChannel open(SocketAddress remote) throws
IOException
                                      <----------->
*** Error: Type java/nio/channels/SocketAddress was not found.

Found 3 semantic errors compiling
"../gnu/java/nio/DatagramChannelImpl.java":

    41.     public DatagramChannel connect(java.net.SocketAddress
remote)
                                                    <----------->
*** Error: Type java/net/SocketAddress was not found.

    61.     public SocketAddress receive(java.nio.ByteBuffer  dst)
                   <----------->
*** Error: Type gnu/java/nio/SocketAddress was not found.

    61.     public SocketAddress receive(java.nio.ByteBuffer  dst)
                                 <------------------------------->
*** Error: The return type of method "gnu.java.nio.SocketAddress
receive(java.nio.ByteBuffer dst);" does not match the return type of
method "java.nio.channels.SocketAddress receive(java.nio.ByteBuffer
dst);" inherited from type "java/nio/channels/DatagramChannel".

Found 1 semantic error compiling
"../gnu/java/nio/ServerSocketChannelImpl.java":
    15.     InetSocketAddress sa;
            <--------------->
*** Error: Type gnu/java/nio/InetSocketAddress was not found.

Found 2 semantic errors compiling
"../gnu/java/nio/SocketChannelImpl.java":

     9. public class SocketChannelImpl extends SocketChannel
                     <--------------->
*** Error: The abstract method "boolean
connect(java.nio.channels.SocketAddress remote);", inherited from type
"java/nio/channels/SocketChannel", is not implemented in the
non-abstract class "gnu/java/nio/SocketChannelImpl".

    75.         sa = (InetSocketAddress) remote;
                                         <---->
*** Error: An expression of type "SocketAddress" cannot be cast into
type "InetSocketAddress".

Found 1 semantic error compiling
"../java/nio/channels/FileChannel.java":

     7. public abstract class FileChannel  extends AbstractChannel
                                                   <------------->
*** Error: Type java/nio/channels/AbstractChannel was not found.

So it seems you forgot to check in some classes (SocketAddress and
AbstractChannel at least).

The gen_nio.sh script adds some java/nio files and modifies some
gnu/java/nio files. This does not interact nicely with CVS (the working
directory now contains files that CVS thinks are modified or new) . You
might want to rename the input files to X.java.in and look at how to
generate the actual X.java files with configure(.in) like
gnu/classpath/Configuration.java is. Although that might not be the most
oppropriate solution in this case.