Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04

From: John Leuner
Subject: Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Building kissme with classpath 0.04
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 17:44:19 +0100

> >If you want to build Classpath 0.04 and kissme you must do the following:
> >
> >1. Unpack and build classpath
> >
> >  ./configure --enable-jni --with-jikes
> >  make
> >  make install
> >

> this work ok. I'm not sure I understand the concept ... so the VM build
> after
> the classpath? I always throught classpath should build after the VM is in
> place....

Not anymore.

Classpath can build by itself (without any JVM).

> >2. Get kissme from CVS
> >
> >  (and also)
> >  mkdir kissme-classpath
> >  touch kissme-classpath/somefile
> >

> that I'm not sure I do it right... should kissme-classpath inside of
> classpath dir?
> or it doesn't matter? touch ... should I run "make clean" to make sure?

These two steps are not necessary anymore (with latest CVS).

> >3. build kissme:
> >
> >   aclocal
> >   automake -a
> >   autoconf
> >   ./configure --with-gnu-classpath=/somedir/classpath-0.04
> >   make
> >

> didn't know is the version of my automake and autoconfig not right or
> what .... it just doesn't like it..

Yes, look in doc/BUILDING for the correct versions.

I have:

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
automake (GNU automake) 1.6.1

> /kissme/vm/garbage.c(.data+0x0): multiple definition of
> `GARBAGE_INITIALHANDLENUM
> the rest I understand.

Doesn't look right.

Can you send the full build log?

> and in the configure of kissme should I also use --with-mauve also?
> Alex

I haven't tried the --with-mauve option yet, you can ask Stephen Crawley about
it.

John Leuner